Monday, September 3, 2012

Is It Better In B&W?

John Krill: Sawdust In Black & White
I'm not really sure I like this photo. It's a converted RAW, of course. It's not the conversion but the image itself. In most cases if I don't like an image in it's original form then converting it to B&W isn't going to make a difference. Usually. Maybe not here.

Or maybe I'm having one of those days.

I will say that Lightroom 4.1 does a nice job of the conversion process. It's the first time I've ever relied on the software shortcuts to B&W. So I can't blame my indifference on the software.

Photo was taken at the Sawdust Art and Craft Festival in Laguna Beach, California. If you want to visit the festival you'll have to wait until next year. Not to worry this particular structure will be back up.

If you can't wait until next year you can visit the Sawdust early next year for their Spring run.

Original contents copyright 2012 by John S. Krill and/or the bylined author. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment